We value your privacy and only collect and store data for the purposes of our work for you.
To comply with UK data protection laws and GDPR the controller is Clarke and associate’s accountancy of 36, Stanley Green Road, Poole, Dorset. BH15 3AF.
This document explains how and why we collect your data.
How we collect personal data;
- From information supplied by you in correspondence from website, telephone, email and in person
- Third parties such as HM revenue and customs or companies house when authorisation has been given by you
- From agencies to assist us to comply with anti-money laundering checks
Types of personal data we collect;
- Personal information – date of birth, UTR number and national insurance number
- Contact information – postal addresses, emails and telephone numbers
- Financial information – bank or building society accounts
- Earning information – self-employment, employment, investments, pensions and state benefits
- Information that we use in the course of our services
Your data and why we use it;
To enable us to complete our services we need the information to deliver the services we charge for. UK data protection and GDPR we rely on the legal basis of
- Our legitimate interest of taking payment from you for services
- Our contract with you
Collection and processing of the information given allows us to perform the contract we have with you and not having this information would mean us not being able to fulfil the contract.
Personal data sharing
If your consent is given, your data may be shared with other parties. These could be accountants, bookkeepers, banks, HMRC or companies house, financial advisers or letting agents. Your data is never sold to a third party.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your personal data for the term of contract and the financial information for at least six years.
Your rights in relation to personal data;
You can, under certain circumstances by law, request;
- Access to information we hold on you
- Correction and deletion of information held
- Withdrawal of consent
- Restriction of processing and objection of data and its use
- Request the transfer of the data held to another party in a safe secure way.
Exceptions apply to these rights and the requests can be refused in certain exceptions.
Details on this can be found on the information commissioner’s office website;
Contact and Complaints
if you have any questions concerning your personal data and how we process it please contact Clarke and Associates Accountancy;
Telephone; 01202 670250
Post; Clarke and Associates Accountancy, 36 Stanley Green Road, Poole, Dorset. BH15 3AF
If you are not satisfied with how we process your data, you can make a complaint to the information commissioner. Information on applicable data protection laws can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website https://ico.org.uk/